Sunday, January 19, 2014

Maintenance for The E39

So I've been hearing this click whenever I turn my steering wheel to the right and it gets to the point where it drives me nuts. I can't stand it anymore so I took everything apart to diagnose the clicking noise from the front right wheels. Upon a closer look and 2 hours later, I eliminated rotor, hub and calipers from making clicking noise since they all have even surface. When I manually turn the wheels then it became clear what cause the noise. Turned out that it was this fella, the lower control arm, that made the noise from the worn out bushings and torn out rubber boot. Well, it will be time to bust out my knuckles again this coming weekend!



Below is the picture of the torn rubber boot


And the source of the clicking noise. There is a fair amount of play on this part of the control arm,

No comments:

Post a Comment